Amy has been published both online and in print journals. Click below to sample some of her work.
- Read “Conjugating Verbs after Colorado Burns,” written after the Marshall Fire of 2021, currently the most destructive fire on Colorado record. Available at TwentyBellows Lit.
- Read four poems in the April 2022 issue of Bristlecone Magazine, including “The Fabric of the Feminine” inspired by the fabric art ‘Four Purple Velvet Bathrobes’ by artist Beverly Semmes.
- Read “The Room,” inspired by the poetry of Mark Strand and the art of Edward Hopper, at TwentyBellows Lit.
- Read “Outrageous as Flowers,” inspired by poems by Jany Kenyon and Mary Oliver, at South Broadway press.
- Read “Wrong Place, Wrong Time,” written after the 3/22/21 shooting in Boulder, CO. Posted on the Colorado literary hub TwentyBellowsLit.
- Read “The Beauty of Redundancy,” from the 2021 Progenitor Art and Literary Journal, at Arapahoe Community College.
- Read “Eve,” from the anthology Thought for Food, at South Broadway Press.
From 2020 and Earlier
- Read “Controlled Burn” and listen to an original composition by Whimsically Macabre on YouTube.
- Read “What to Do During Lockdown” at The Colorado Sun.
Then Listen to the Recording.
- Read “Choke Collar,” inspired by the Kavanaugh hearings, at Punch Drunk Press.
- Read “The Sick Mother,” inspired by poet Jane Kenyon and Amy’s own health problems, at Translating Chronic Pain.