Smeared with Pollen/Loveland Summer Reading Event
Please join me at the Loveland Art Museum (503 N. Lincoln Ave, 80537) on June 12, from 1-3, to enjoy a great line-up of poets, storytellers, and musicians celebrating the pollination of summer! I will be reading at about 2pm; other readers include:
- Current Loveland Poet Laureate, Lynn Kincannon.
- Former Loveland Poet Laureate, Veronica Patterson.
- Head of the National Federation of State Poetry Societies, Julie Cummings.
Future Readings and Publications
- I will be one of the many Colorado poets celebrating our community at the 2022 Poetry Rodeo. The event runs from 1pm-11pm at the Mercury Cafe in Denver; my reading is at 7:20.
- I will have two first place poems published in the 2022 Prize Winners Journal of the Pennsylvania Poetry Society.
- I will be included in the “We are the West” anthology, forthcoming this year by TwentyBellows Lit. Reading dates TBD.
- I will be presenting with Kathleen Willard, author of The Incendiary Season and Cirque & Sky, at Book Bar’s fourth Monday poetry reading series. Save the Date: Oct 24, 7pm, at the Book Bar in Denver.
I currently have three nature poems in the 2022 issue of Waving Hands Journal. I hope you will enjoy this selection, and join me for a reading sometime soon!
At the Equinox
This single day of stillness,
with the axial precision
of a dancer en pointe
reminds me of the opposite—
the daily errors,
the wobbles and sways and stumbles
of the Earth along its path,
Tugged by the gravitational pull
of opposing stars, dizzy
and aswirl from facing each day,
breathless from the constant dervish
of urges and desires—
our imperfect ballet
like a drunk.
Unwound by every revolution,
we trip and lurch and slip.
But for a single
elegant spin, oh—
with what grace